This week was full of craziness that is for sure. With Ken being in China it seems that anything that could happen has happened. Mom says that the evil one would like nothing better than to stir things up for me while Ken is gone. After thinking about it for a while I completely agree with her observation. I'm officially taking up spiritual warfare and claiming victory for our family for this upcoming week. :-)
There were some proud moments this week:
- Josh completed most of his tasks this week without prompting. He even completed some common household duties without being asked!
- Emily decked another girl in 6th grade for biting her. We don't support retaliation by any means but in this case it was necessary and it likely won't happen again. There is a fine line between tolerance and defense.
- I stood up to an adult bully this week. The Lord gave me the words to put this woman in her place and let her know how immature she was behaving. By the grace of God I am not by nature a person who can verbally confront another adult with a selfish agenda. Through this event we were able to receive a clear answer from the Lord about how to handle a situation we have been in.
- Josh took a stand with his friends and did not enter Spencer Gifts in the mall with his friends. He told them his mom said it was not a good place and that he should not enter the store. He stood outside while his friends went in. It is so nice to see good things coming from our children. What an encouragement.
-Emily attended her first youth group weekend trip! So fun to see her pack and check off the packing list just like her dad does! :-)
- Josh revisited his harmonica playing and blessed my socks off! There is just something about the hymn "How Great Thou Art" on the harmonica.
- Buddy (our 10 month old Golden Retriever) managed to stop eating the deck. Maybe we have crossed over the "chew on everything" stage of puppy hood?
My next blog will probably be about our Boston trip this Tuesday. Emily has her regularly scheduled kidney check up with the specialist. We are planning on doing some sightseeing after our appointment.
I'm looking forward to seeing the historic sights with the kids! We've been there so many times for appointments but haven't had the time to explore. This time we are making the time to see all we can see in an afternoon! It will be quick - but fun!